Recipe credit: http://www.goodinthesimple.com/authentic-pasta-e-fagioli-my-familys-favorite-meal/
3 cans cannellini beans
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, diced
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
3 cups beef broth
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1-3/4 cups small pasta shells, uncooked
1-1/2 tsp. salt
crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
parmesan cheese (optional)
- Drain 1 can of beans, and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add onion and saute until onions are translucent. Add garlic and rosemary and saute.
- Transfer vegetables to a blender or food processor and add the two other cans of beans (liquid included). Puree until smooth.
- Add the pureed mixture back into the pot, along with the drained beans, the chicken and beef broth, salt, and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove from heat.
- Serve, topped with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.