2-3 lbs. chicken thighs or breasts
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. butter
2 c. orzo
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-1/2 c. chicken stock
3/4 c. crushed tomatoes (canned)
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
2 tbsp. fresh parsley (optional)
2 tbsp. fresh basil (optional)
- Heat large skillet with oil and butter.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the orzo and stir until browned. Add onions, then garlic.
- Pour stock and tomato into the skillet. Bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and cover to maintain a slow simmer. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the orzo has absorbed the liquid.