6-7 granny smith and Macintosh apples, chopped
1/2 c. sugar (more if you use a tart fruit)
3 tsp. lemon juice (less if you use a tart fruit)
1 tbsp. cornstarch or flour (up to 3 tbsp. for watery fruits)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ground ginger (optional)
1 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
8 tbsp. salted, chilled butter (cut into thick slices)
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a large bowl, add chopped fruit, sugar, lemon, cornstarch, and any spices.
- Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish (preferably glass or ceramic)
- In a small bowl, add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and butter. Combine with hands.
- Pour crumble mixture over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until topping is firm and juices begin bubbling.